How many pins does the mk50II footswitch need?

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

Marky944
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: How many pins does the mk50II footswitch need?

Post by Marky944 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:27 am

Marky944 wrote:
ta6rma wrote:Hi Aron

I don't remember the exact cable, I just bought some 6-core cable from an electronics shop.

You could easily make this just as a cable. You would need to use quite thin wire because the 4 ground wires would have to be twisted together and soldered to the centre pin on the DIN connector.

Example:
Hey Rich!

I have just ordered myself a G-System and was wondering if I could use the amp switching relays on it to control the channels on my MK50ii. Looks like you have nailed that one! Awesome! Is this exactly how I would need to make up my lead to control the channel switching then?

All the best

Mark
Excellent! I have just ordered a custom lead and the bits to do my own too (just covering all bases). I have the (Red Limited) G System now; love it! if I can get all the relays switching sorted, I will be one contented man! I have a Boss expression pedal on order too (a recent very severe case of GAS I'm afraid). I will be making a couple of stereo patch leads up for that today. :thumbup:

Thanks again for all this top advice! Best forum on the web!

Mark
Cornford MK50ii
Cornford Hurricane
Cornford 2x12 ox-blood cab
Mesa Boogie Mark V in Bubinga hardwood
Gibson Les Paul Alex Lifeson Axcess
Gibson Alex Lifeson ES-355
Gibson J-45 in Rose wood

Anthony
High Gain
High Gain

Post by Anthony » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:05 am

Is it possible to buy spare cables from Cornford or do they need to be made/bought seperately?

Marky944
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by Marky944 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 am

Marky944 wrote:
Marky944 wrote:
ta6rma wrote:Hi Aron

I don't remember the exact cable, I just bought some 6-core cable from an electronics shop.

You could easily make this just as a cable. You would need to use quite thin wire because the 4 ground wires would have to be twisted together and soldered to the centre pin on the DIN connector.

Example:
Hey Rich!

I have just ordered myself a G-System and was wondering if I could use the amp switching relays on it to control the channels on my MK50ii. Looks like you have nailed that one! Awesome! Is this exactly how I would need to make up my lead to control the channel switching then?

All the best

Mark
Excellent! I have just ordered a custom lead and the bits to do my own too (just covering all bases). I have the (Red Limited) G System now; love it! if I can get all the relays switching sorted, I will be one contented man! I have a Boss expression pedal on order too (a recent very severe case of GAS I'm afraid). I will be making a couple of stereo patch leads up for that today. :thumbup:

Thanks again for all this top advice! Best forum on the web!

Mark
Hi again

Made the lead up from Maplins bits (as a stop gap until I get a professional one done) and it works a treat! Despite all the claims from TC-E though, I do feel I loose some of the tone 'punch'; I had to crank the gain up higher than usual to get any kind of decent overdrive. In fact, I then went and ordered the Nova Drive to give me some more control over the gain here and there. The Nova Drive interfaces so nicely with the G System. I am actually supplementing some of my gain patches now with the ND and getting some lovely drive.

I was always a 'Cornford tone' purist and resisted 'dirt pedals' and anything with ones and zeros inside it, but this is working quite nicely now and I still can hear the sound of the amp coming through. No doubt I will continue fiddling around with settings for months to come, it is not a fast process customising the G System for your rig!

On another note, have any of you chaps used the rack option with your G Systems? I am kind of wishing I had gone that route now to keep the cable numbers and lengths to a minimum. With a wireless system, I would practically only need a long CAT5 wire and a couple of short patch leads to the expression pedals in front of me; less to trip over or spill beer on. It would mean buying a rack case though as all my stuff so far sits on the floor. I should have stuck to singing; could have saved a fortune! :lolno:

All the best you Cornfed people!

Mark
Cornford MK50ii
Cornford Hurricane
Cornford 2x12 ox-blood cab
Mesa Boogie Mark V in Bubinga hardwood
Gibson Les Paul Alex Lifeson Axcess
Gibson Alex Lifeson ES-355
Gibson J-45 in Rose wood

mjordan
New Here
New Here

Post by mjordan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:57 am

Anyone know the pin-out on an old 5 pin Mk50II footswitch jack? Thanks. (Don't want to ground out the power supply for LEDs.)

Shrila
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Post by Shrila » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi guys!
I'm looking for a footswitch schematic. Wiring inside. Can anybody help?
Best regards.