END of the CORNFORD Line - BREAKING NEWS!

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: END of the CORNFORD Line - BREAKING NEWS!

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:46 am

lienffur wrote:SabbadiusUSA - how did this thread get to be a caps discussion?

We're talking about the fact that Paul Cornford has said that he didn't give any one person or company permission to make Cornford amps...
Yes, Straight Edge has been making the amps. Yes, their director also registered 'Cornford Amplification Ltd' as a company & a trademark in Nov 2008, and is listed as Cornford's director.
Straight Edge says this was done to protect Paul's interest, with his full knowledge; Paul says he did not find out until months later.

Amps made by Paul/Martin back in the day vs those made recently by SE may be 100% identical, but the concept of 'legitimacy' is down to what the amp's owner feels about Paul's involvement in manufacture, or otherwise.

Legitimacy in legal terms is another matter entirely. I would think the person who owns the company name & trademark is 'legitimately' able to build 'Cornford'-branded amps.
In this case, it would appear that it wasn't Paul Cornford, which is at the heart of the conflicting statements between Paul & SE.

Until they iron out their differences - which ain't gonna happen with a continuing 'he said, she said' discussion on here, with Joe Public endlessly speculating about the 'real' truth - then none of us will ever know which bits of whose accounts is the truth.

Can we please have a positive announcement about what is happening, going forward? Otherwise, it's already history...
This is the kind of post I hate. Passive-aggressive, and utterly useless. "Going forward" is exactly what I am attempting to achieve... What you are engaging in is pure speculation and pointless rhetoric. What exactly do you expect to accomplish by speculating on the personal dealings between Paul Cornford and SE? Do you actually have anything productive to say, or are you just practicing for a career in politics?

I know exactly what is going on with Cornford and their relationship with SE, but it would serve no productive purpose discussing it here, or on any other forum.

lienffur
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by lienffur » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:56 am

SabbadiusUSA wrote: This is the kind of post I hate. Passive-aggressive, and utterly useless. "Going forward" is exactly what I am attempting to achieve... What you are engaging in is pure speculation and pointless rhetoric. What exactly do you expect to accomplish by speculating on the personal dealings between Paul Cornford and SE? Do you actually have anything productive to say, or are you just practicing for a career in politics?

I know exactly what is going on with Cornford and their relationship with SE, but it would serve no productive purpose discussing it here, or on any other forum.
Nicely put! There's nothing like having a direct pop at someone, topped off with 'I know more about it than any of you do'...

I'll apologise if anything I posted came over as passive-aggressive to either you or Anthony. It wasn't my intention, and neither was furthering any speculation.
I'm simply trying to offer an opinion on the concept of the 'legitimacy' of an amp, given the current circumstances, and in light of recent posts by Paul & SE, in this thread.
Of course Jim Marshall didn't build every amp, and neither did Paul Cornford. But Jim Marshall didn't raise questions about amps manufactured with his name on, as Paul recently has.

If you're asking me what I'm trying to accomplish, then maybe that's a question that could also be asked of Paul himself? He's chosen to come to this forum & comment, but it's done nothing more than ignite further speculation about what might have been going on over the last few years.

Yes, it is unproductive, and perhaps we should just write it off to 'history'.
Trouble is, people have paid good money for products & have invested in brand equity that's been put into question (even if the physical product itself can't be faulted).

More than anything, I'd love to see a statement here that talks about securing a new production facility, and putting Cornford amps back where they belong; made by a company that involves (or is approved of by) Paul himself. I'm sure I'm not alone in that, and it would get people excited about the future, rather than concerned about the past.

Anthony
High Gain
High Gain

Post by Anthony » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:11 pm

If we could hear about the intended or planned future for Cornford a lot of the questions from customers on products would fade away as the important part is the going concern of the Conford company.

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:20 pm

lienffur wrote:
SabbadiusUSA wrote: This is the kind of post I hate. Passive-aggressive, and utterly useless. "Going forward" is exactly what I am attempting to achieve... What you are engaging in is pure speculation and pointless rhetoric. What exactly do you expect to accomplish by speculating on the personal dealings between Paul Cornford and SE? Do you actually have anything productive to say, or are you just practicing for a career in politics?

Nicely put! There's nothing like having a direct pop at someone, topped off with 'I know more about it than any of you do'...

I'll apologise if anything I posted came over as passive-aggressive to either you or Anthony. It wasn't my intention, and neither was furthering any speculation.
I'm simply trying to offer an opinion on the concept of the 'legitimacy' of an amp, given the current circumstances, and in light of recent posts by Paul & SE, in this thread.
Of course Jim Marshall didn't build every amp, and neither did Paul Cornford. But Jim Marshall didn't raise questions about amps manufactured with his name on, as Paul recently has.

If you're asking me what I'm trying to accomplish, then maybe that's a question that could also be asked of Paul himself? He's chosen to come to this forum & comment, but it's done nothing more than ignite further speculation about what might have been going on over the last few years.

Yes, it is unproductive, and perhaps we should just write it off to 'history'.
Trouble is, people have paid good money for products & have invested in brand equity that's been put into question (even if the physical product itself can't be faulted).

More than anything, I'd love to see a statement here that talks about securing a new production facility, and putting Cornford amps back where they belong; made by a company that involves (or is approved of by) Paul himself. I'm sure I'm not alone in that, and it would get people excited about the future, rather than concerned about the past.
This is an awesome response! Thank you. :thumbup:

I can't discuss in detail for obvious reasons... I will say that Paul Cornford is actively working on securing new production.

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:28 pm

SabbadiusUSA wrote:
I can't discuss in detail for obvious reasons... I will say that Paul Cornford is actively working on securing new production.
Best news we've had yet! :clap:
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

lienffur
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by lienffur » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:20 pm

s&m freddy wrote:
SabbadiusUSA wrote:
Best news we've had yet! :clap:
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Hopefully Paul's able to make an official statement soon. Wouldn't it be great to see new Cornford amps (and Victory amps?) flying the flag for British boutique amp building.

Toni C
New Here
New Here

Post by Toni C » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:21 pm

To SabbadiusUSA...
I respect you can't do it on here, but why don't you send Paul C a PM and tell him what you know?

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Toni C wrote:To SabbadiusUSA...
I respect you can't do it on here, but why don't you send Paul C a PM and tell him what you know?
Because there's nothing to tell him. He knows all that I know, and a lot more that I do not. I never implied that it was privy in regard to Paul Cornford, so I don't understand the question?

Toni C
New Here
New Here

Post by Toni C » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:10 pm

SabbadiusUSA wrote:
Because there's nothing to tell him. He knows all that I know, and a lot more that I do not. I never implied that it was privy in regard to Paul Cornford, so I don't understand the question?
Can you PLEASE tell Paul Cornford on a PM what you know? Is this a problem?

Toni C
New Here
New Here

Post by Toni C » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 pm

Toni C wrote:
SabbadiusUSA wrote:
Can you PLEASE tell Paul Cornford on a PM what you know? Is this a problem?
Paul hasn't heard from you yet. Can you PLEASE tell Paul Cornford on a PM what you know? Is this a problem?