Why ?

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

Why ?

Post by richard » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:24 am

Anyone care to offer an opinion on why it's come to this ?

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: Why ?

Post by s&m freddy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 am

It appears that the primary issues have been a series of very bad luck surrounding Paul Cornford....the most serious being a significant health issue ...I understand that there was also a nasty fire at Cornfords. All of this seems to have happened at a time when the amps and business were doing very well. With a small family type business like this it can't survive without the owners as they run everything. I guess Martin Kidd and Andertons tried to keep things going but I don't think we should speculate on any of the details and roles of the company and the relationships between those that brought us such wonderful amplifiers.

I think these entrepreneurs are remarkable and whatever comes of the brand I wish all involved well and will continue to use and cherish my lovely Cornford gear.
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by richard » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:14 pm

I wish I had the cash to buy the remaining Cornfords. Even if the brand is resurrected they are 'original' Cornfords. Good investment I would think.

Munkipuss
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by Munkipuss » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:22 pm

The original originals were made by Paul and Martin in the facility where the fire was. The current Andertons stock has been made by Straight Edge. Who's to say which is better or worse.

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:40 pm

I too was always given the impression that the fire was at the original factory. However, this news report casts doubt on that, unless there have been fires at both facilities (?)...

From the Malden Standard, 27-5-2009...

"Blaze destroys factory as residents ordered indoors

2:58pm Wednesday 27th May 2009 in Local News By Adam Cornell

A MASSIVE blaze has destroyed a factory, boats and other buildings at Blackwater Marina.

Residents living near the marina in Maylandsea were ordered to keep their doors and windows shut by a police helicopter as toxic smoke billowed from the factory and asbestos roofing and gas cannisters exploded in the heat.

About 100 firefighters and 18 crews from across Essex helped to tackle the inferno, which was believed to have started at about 8.30am in a dust extraction unit.

Villagers in Mayland, Steeple, Rodwell and Tillingham were also advised to keep windows shut due to the wind blowing the smoke across into other areas of the Dengie Peninsula.

The fire is now under control but several crews remain on site damping down and making sure the area is safe.

A second factory nearby was saved by the firefighters despite a shortage of water who had to rely on a trail of hose jets more than 2,000 metres long as the tide was out and the local supply was not sufficient.

Nobody was hurt in the blaze after the 22 staff at Straight Edge Manufacturing Ltd and surrounding premises were successfully evacuated.

Several roads in the area are still shut and drivers in Mayland are warned to expect continued disruptions.

The official cause of the fire is still to be confirmed."

Link here... http://www.maldonandburnhamstandard.co. ... d_indoors/
Carrera #1757 Built by Chris Jones 26-7-2007
MK50H #0167 Built by Martin Kidd 10-7-2003
MK50H II #0296 Built by Martin Kidd 28-2-2006
Hellcat #HC0025 Built by Martin Kidd 28-8-2002
RK100 #040 Built by Martin Kidd 18-1-2005
RK 4x12 #041 Built ~2005
RK 4x12 #079-0907 Built Sept 2007
MK 4x12

singlecoils
New Here
New Here

Post by singlecoils » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:45 pm

I love my Cornford Hurricane amp and am glad it's got both Paul and Martin's signatures on the amp chassis. Sad the line is coming to an end though.
Alan

wallympls
Support
Support

Post by wallympls » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Neither Paul nor I have said the line is ending.
http://www.cornfordusa.com
The Official U.S. Cornford Tone Lounge and USA Customer Support
http://www.myspace.com/uscornfordtonelounge
USA's FIRST Cornford Dealer
Cornford MK50hII
Cornford RK 4x12

bigbazz
Mid Range
Mid Range

Post by bigbazz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:44 pm

wallympls wrote:Neither Paul nor I have said the line is ending.
No presence in the media for years, no amps being produced and the guy that designed your amps has gone elsewhere(Victory amps), the main dealer in the only country where you can still buy them new has announced there will not be any more.

The fact that you haven't said anything is precisely why people think the product line is ending.
Cornford Hellcat Combo
Peavey 5150 MK1 Head with bias mod.
1994 Ibanez Jem7V, 3 Strats and a 70's P-bass!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

wallympls
Support
Support

Post by wallympls » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 am

I have said the line isn't ending. That means that it isn't. If Paul says the line is ending, then it is, not because someone else says it.

If you need anything contact me
wally@cornfordusa.com

I can't moderate multiple posts pertaining to the same topics. All of our support is via the web.

Cheers
Wally
http://www.cornfordusa.com
The Official U.S. Cornford Tone Lounge and USA Customer Support
http://www.myspace.com/uscornfordtonelounge
USA's FIRST Cornford Dealer
Cornford MK50hII
Cornford RK 4x12

lienffur
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by lienffur » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 am

Come on, Wally...you have to love an optimist!

My quest to 'date' Angelina Jolie isn't ending, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen anytime soon! :thumbdown:

Unfortunately, intentions don't become reality simply by telling people about them...

The people that have made statements about the line ending happen to be the only retailer that's been able to stock/sell Cornford amps for the last few months, and the company that has been manufacturing Cornford amps for the last few months/years...Paul isn't manufacturing, and doesn't appear to even hold his own trademark or company registration at the present moment.

However much Paul might be trying to get things back up & running, the factual statement regarding the current situation surely is that 'nobody is currently manufacturing Cornford amps. Concrete plans for the ongoing manufacture of Cornford amps cannot be confirmed at the current time'?

Paul says the line isn't ending. Paul has not yet said if, how & when he plans to continue the line...