Why ?

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

The Dark Lord
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Re: Why ?

Post by The Dark Lord » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Why? Sounds like bad business management to me.

Nudge68
High Gain
High Gain

Post by Nudge68 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:33 am

Surely I'm not the only one to have seen the Cornford home page?

Wally hasn't posted since June and the announcement is clear.

Commercial reality and plain speaking finally out there after what was painfully obvious.

A big shame.

cheers,

Matt.

59Bassman
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by 59Bassman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:55 pm

I bet Mick Taylor knows and now he's moved on an all...

:cry:
Still toying with:
PRS Soapbar ll, Les Paul Studio, Yamaha SG2000s, Gibson 335, 1973 Strat
into a Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo (+ ext 1x12 V30)
BOSS ME5 - With Custom 'Boutique' Upgrade Set - see below:

http://boss-pedals.jimdo.com

Nudge68
High Gain
High Gain

Post by Nudge68 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:48 am

In no way am I whinging about my MK50HII or the 2x12 cab. I love these and will not part with them.

I guess I'm perturbed about all the BS posted re concerning "who said Cornford are out of production?".

AS much as I love the product and would buy more, the so-called Cornford crew were spinning us complete BULLSHIT. Plain insult to the the legions of folk who parted with serious cash to buy.

Plain and simply an INSULT TO THE INTELLIGENCE. Treated us like shit.

BIG thanks to Gadget for keeping the site up, the Cornford crew them should hang their heads in shame. Bit the hands that feed them.

A BIG shame.

Cacofonix
New Here
New Here

Post by Cacofonix » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:10 pm

My guess is it's all tied up in legals, which is why it's not ended, but there's no movement.

Has anyone looked into that aspect, or are we all supposed to cry "bullshit" just because we want some news and aren't getting any, so we think it's Cornford's fault?

The statement is clear. It ain't over till it's over.

RichM
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by RichM » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:29 am

Personally not convinced this is a legal delay ... Why not a simple 'everyone has moved on' ... MK and SE are off doing their new stuff, PC probably still not well enough and who knows about Wally - pure speculation but can't imagine 'Cornford' is making him any cash ....

The world has moved on ... Forum traffic has slowed to nearly zero .... We all agree it is a shame but 'stuff happens' as a wise man once said ....

This site will, I suspect, continue to be very valuable for new (S/H) owners to get help from those more familiar with the amps and this should be commended and supported .... That's it!

R.

andy couchman
High Gain
High Gain

Post by andy couchman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah - I've found the forum really useful although I hope more Cornford users will post to it. Now the situation regarding production looks to be resolved - at least for the time being - the forum can really come into its own because in effect we are the custodians of the brand, at least for the time being. We need each other guys!

Yesterday at a rehearsal studio I played a very nice old Marshall 50W combo. Nice as it was, it really made me appreciate my Cornfords so much more. The combo gave a couple of good sounds but a good Cornford seems to add so much more in tone and usability when playing with a band.

I do hope the forum continues - these things are more than just historical landmarks in the history of good valve amps.

Andy

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Indeed....this forum is such a great source of information and advice. Great to exchange ideas with others who have come to enjoy using these lovingly crafted machines....we are now just more exclusive....and I enjoy hearing of new people discovering Cornford for the first time.

I look forward to re-discovering the sound of my amps at every gig. The RK will be on duty again tonight. :thumbup:
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

Nudge68
High Gain
High Gain

Post by Nudge68 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:02 am

Cacofonix wrote:My guess is it's all tied up in legals, which is why it's not ended, but there's no movement.

Has anyone looked into that aspect, or are we all supposed to cry "bullshit" just because we want some news and aren't getting any, so we think it's Cornford's fault?

The statement is clear. It ain't over till it's over.
:wtf:

This business collapsed. Simple. Long dead, actually. Many hereabouts were naive or wistfully dreaming a miraculous comeback. Just isn't going to happen.

Legals? Yeah, the business is legally not in operation.

:wave: