Continued stock??

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

RichM
Master Volume
Master Volume

Continued stock??

Post by RichM » Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 am

I know it has gone a bit quiet around here and I like many others are mainly bored of the continuous confusing and patchy information. That said, I took a quick look at Andertons again and they seem to be restocking pretty much all models including the RH - which I thought wouldn't be possible once the PCBs had run out. Anyone have a clue what is going on? What's with people announcing 'the end' and then just carrying on ??

The strangeness goes on ...

Rich.

johnonguitar7
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Re: Continued stock??

Post by johnonguitar7 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:40 am

Yeah they are really taking the piss but lets face it: 1499 for a MK50ii?? No wonder people are buying them!

Anthony
High Gain
High Gain

Post by Anthony » Tue May 14, 2013 7:45 am

All that's happening is Andertons are driving the price down for Cornfords. Makes me wonder what price point they will use for the Victory amps...?

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by richard » Tue May 14, 2013 1:51 pm

' We have secured the last stock of the Cornford Roadhouse Amps coming out of the Cornford Factory. '

Seems to suggest that Cornfords are still being built by SE. Will we ever get to hear the truth ?

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Tue May 14, 2013 3:28 pm

I was told by SE that they were going to build the remaining stock. Once the inventory is gone, that will be that.

SCOOP!
Paul shipped several Cornford amplifiers to Bad Cat Amplification. My source inside Bad Cat tells me that the amplifiers were shipped there for inspection in an effort to secure Bad Cat as their official builder.

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Tue May 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Sounds promising....look forward to hearing any developments on this! :biggrin:
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

Munkipuss
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by Munkipuss » Tue May 14, 2013 7:33 pm

SabbadiusUSA wrote:SCOOP! Paul shipped several Cornford amplifiers to Bad Cat Amplification. My source inside Bad Cat tells me that the amplifiers were shipped there for inspection in an effort to secure Bad Cat as their official builder.
Sounds promising indeed.

Using a State-side builder doesn't surprise me, as this will make the price of the amps much cheaper in the States, which is obviously a larger market. Probably the most high-profile user at the current time is US artist Mark Tremonti, so perhaps now would be a good time to capatalise on that. Shame they won't be made in the UK any more.

ianj
Mid Range
Mid Range

Post by ianj » Tue May 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Snag is its a market already full of boutique amps !
Good luck with that one.

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Tue May 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Makes perfect sense...Wally has been active in keeping the brand alive and is based stateside...the R&D costs are non-existent for the current range...the product is awesome...and most 'boutique' amps are aimed at the cleaner end of the tonal pallette...I think the UK heritage of Cornford and the patronage of Tremonti...combined with US manufacturing/lower cost in $$$ is a great move....hope its true!
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

ianj
Mid Range
Mid Range

Post by ianj » Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Yuuuuuup
"All those hot rodded marshall clones famed for there clean tones "
It's a market place full of handwired marshall/vox/fender style amps.
Then you have all the low power class A El84 amps you could ever want,all promising the same thing.
English heritage ? Hope our cousins in the colonies haven't been monitoring this forum to closely,after all that has been going on this side of the pond.
Hmmm one player endorsing the product, I bet marshall are bricking it!
As for price, it seems the sky's the limit for USA built boutique amps.(why bad cat)
Sorry for being negative, it's probably a load of bollocks anyway.