Continued stock??

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: Continued stock??

Post by s&m freddy » Wed May 15, 2013 7:32 am

I think the fact Tremonti is choosing a Cornford with no endorsement and using an amp that is currently unobtainable is worth 50 second string guitarists using whatever freebie their agent manages to blag for them myself....
I don't claim manufacturing is easy...but I think the brand is strong...and Cornfords are not just Marshall clones...but have a unique quality and originality in the design and build which makes them more desirable than all those modded plexi and tweed lookalikes...
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

Munkipuss
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by Munkipuss » Wed May 15, 2013 9:38 am

s&m freddy wrote:I think the fact Tremonti is choosing a Cornford with no endorsement and using an amp that is currently unobtainable is worth 50 second string guitarists using whatever freebie their agent manages to blag for them myself....
Agreed.

Someone like Tremonti can really play whatever he likes. Let's face it, with the string of #1 singles he's had in the States, cost or endorsement deals aren't going to be the deciding factor.

ianj
Mid Range
Mid Range

Post by ianj » Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Your right about all those clone amps all doing the same thing.(no imagination)
The price of Cornfords in the states was obviously high due to the import tax. The fact that they may now be built state side would certainly solve this problem .
It will be a case of wether the market can sustain another boutique amp, as you say these amps have there own special tone , but the fact that there are so many clones out there to me speaks volumes about what sells and what doesn't .
Mark can pick and choose any amp he wants, so it would be best to make hay while the sunshines.
Again any body know why bad cat in paticular, it's along way to Southern California from Kent .
I certainly don't want to get into that whole straight edge Paul Cornford argument again, but just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water!

Ps
My heart goes out to all those second string guitarists.

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Wed May 15, 2013 4:10 pm

I am totally guessing but maybe Paul Cornford and Wally know Bad Cat from all the NAMM shows and other dealings?
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

ianj
Mid Range
Mid Range

Post by ianj » Wed May 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeah why not ,makes sense .
Wonder how long ago all this was supposed to have taken place.

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Wed May 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Bad Cat will build us a fine amp. I'll try to get some updates on this, and keep you posted. I told Wally about this a few weeks ago, so he's in-the-loop! :thumbup:

Personal note:
I've noticed that Marshall's new JVM 'Joe Satriani' amp has a channel that is suspiciously voiced like a Cornford? :think: It may just be the clips... I won't know until I actually play one. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

ianj
Mid Range
Mid Range

Post by ianj » Wed May 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Cheers for that. There nothing worse than a load of speculation.
As for the jvm marshall there's a rig guide on u tube, where joe mentions the changes he had done to the stock jvm amps he is using. Not sure if this sheds any light on your question.

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by richard » Fri May 24, 2013 4:29 pm

'Bad Cat will build us a fine amp. I'll try to get some updates on this, and keep you posted. I told Wally about this a few weeks ago, so he's in-the-loop!'

Will build 'us' a fine amp ? You told Wally about this ?

Sabbadius - please tell - who are you ?

lienffur
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by lienffur » Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 pm

richard wrote:'Bad Cat will build us a fine amp. I'll try to get some updates on this, and keep you posted. I told Wally about this a few weeks ago, so he's in-the-loop!'

Will build 'us' a fine amp ? You told Wally about this ?

Sabbadius - please tell - who are you ?
Sabbadius - I've wondered that too....a contact at SE, a contact at Bad Cat, and in touch with Wally & Paul...intrigued! :question:

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Sat May 25, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm a regular 'joe' just like everyone else... I haven't heard anything new yet, but I will certainly post it when I do.