Continued stock??

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

New Here
New Here

Re: Continued stock??

Post by Rivet2496 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:10 am

SabbadiusUSA wrote:Bad Cat will build us a fine amp. I'll try to get some updates on this, and keep you posted. I told Wally about this a few weeks ago, so he's in-the-loop! :thumbup:

Personal note:
I've noticed that Marshall's new JVM 'Joe Satriani' amp has a channel that is suspiciously voiced like a Cornford? :think: It may just be the clips... I won't know until I actually play one. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
I've just replaced a standard JVM 410h with a Cornford MK50 mk2 and while you might be able to voice a JVM similar to a MK it will not react dynamically to player input like one. The JVM, IMO, is a great versatile amp ideal for a covers band because it does so many tones well but it doesn't do any one tone world class like the MK does. It is an amp that needs to be played from the foot switch where as the MK can be played from the guitar's controls.

Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Interesting... Is the "Joe Satriani" sig JVM voiced differently than the standard JVM, or is it the same circuit without the reverb(s)?

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Joining in (I replaced a JVM205H with my RK). The Satriani model is re-voiced quite a lot from the standard 410. It has a clean channel based on the jubilee series...and tweaks to the other channels; crunch has more gain and they have two identical overdrive channels...the amp overall has a choke and various global changes like a simpler FX loop and noise gates rather than built in reverb. We suspect many of these changes were inspired by one of the really good techs on the JVM forum who came up with some mods to voice the stock JVM a little more classic/meaty ....and less modern sounding.

I am still an active JVM forum member... It's a great forum and very helpful.
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895