ALL GONE QUIET......

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

ALL GONE QUIET......

Post by richard » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:21 pm

....again. After that little flurry of posts from Paul C and his Mum. Anybody heard anything ?

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: ALL GONE QUIET......

Post by s&m freddy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Zilch.....it's very quiet round here these days :silent:
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

lienffur
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by lienffur » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Paul's not visited since early May....Toni's not visited since end of April, and neither has Martin Kidd...hmmm.

What felt like a move to alert the community to the potential future production of Cornford amps, with Paul's involvement, appears to have led to nothing much.

To be honest, I have no expectations now, other than the fact that it can't be much longer until Martin/Anderton's make an announcement about 'Victory'...

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by richard » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:10 pm

Andertons still have stocks of everything they carry apart from the RH30 combo and that says 'Normally available in 8 to 9 weeks'. What happened to Anderton's 'When they're gone they're gone' announcements ? They're still getting stock despite Paul's statement that Straight Edge stopped manufacturing ages ago. I could never afford a PTP model but I've put my RH up against a Hellcat and preferred the RH. I hope the RH circuit hasn't gone forever.

andy couchman
High Gain
High Gain

Post by andy couchman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 am

Andertons' website now just has the Hellcat and shows that as out of stock.

Just waiting for my Hellcat to go up in value now (only joking - this amp's is a keeper). Actually, I hope that Paul C is able to continue Cornford amps in some form. I'm still on my learning curve about the amp and Cornford in general so any tips on this website are very helpful (so thanks all).

Finally, anyone know where I can buy some tolex oxblood covering for one of the panels on my 2 x 12?

Andy

lienffur
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by lienffur » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Andy,

As of this afternoon (7th Aug 2013) Andertons have 6 x Roadhouse 50W Combos, 3 Harlequins and an Oxblood 4x12 cab...be interested if this is indeed the 'last' of it...

Re the Tolex - I believe the Oxblood was something Cornford had made specifically...if anyone has surplus of the exact right stuff, it'll be StraightEdge manufacturing in Whitstable.
You could go direct, or talk with Andertons, who have/had an exclusive relationship in terms of selling through the last of the stock...

Worth a look on eBay, because not so long ago, a batch of Cornford enamel logos popped up for sale...guess was that StraightEdge may have been shifting a couple of surplus items.

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Yes the badges were from Straight Edge. Worth a try as they are likely to have some Tolex.
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:05 pm

andy couchman wrote:Andertons' website now just has the Hellcat and shows that as out of stock.

Just waiting for my Hellcat to go up in value now (only joking - this amp's is a keeper). Actually, I hope that Paul C is able to continue Cornford amps in some form. I'm still on my learning curve about the amp and Cornford in general so any tips on this website are very helpful (so thanks all).

Finally, anyone know where I can buy some tolex oxblood covering for one of the panels on my 2 x 12?

Andy
Do you have the original grain, or the later elephant grain? If it's the early gravel type grain, you're out of luck. That grain is no-longer available, nor does SE have any on stock.

There is still some of the later elephant grain oxblood tolex available. How much do you need? Where are you located?

andy couchman
High Gain
High Gain

Post by andy couchman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks for that.

Have got some from Andy at Straight Edge. It's the new type, whereas my cab is the old type but the panel is at the back so it should be OK.

Now to glue it on...

Andy

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Nice one.. I like a happy ending. Get some good glue...my attempts usually peel off!
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895