Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

huss
Low Wattage
Low Wattage
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by huss » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:09 am

so as you know guys the roadhouse 50 is fixed biased amp but idont know which which brands' tubes to order ? do u have any idea
Fender Stratocaster deluxe 2008
Cornford Roadhouse 50 Head(which im in love with) with orange ppc 112 speaker
pedals: maxon od9proplus , marshall jackhammer, tc flashback

dawidnpl
New Here
New Here
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:39 am

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by dawidnpl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:50 am

Hello! I recommend JJ e34l very good valves. What is the value of the bias you set for yourself? Do you know if the reading test point TP6 and TP7 is common to both valves?

User avatar
s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by s&m freddy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:06 pm

I personally rate Svetlana =C= EL34s as the best sounding power tubes for a classic British sound in my EL34 amps...and I rate the GT EL34M tubes. A lot of Cornford users like JJ pre amp tubes...but I like EH 12AX7's as I find JJ's a little dark sounding. I don't have a Roadhouse though...
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

gazzaprice
New Here
New Here
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by gazzaprice » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:30 am

Tung sol el34b's are also worth a try. I put some in my roadhouse 30 combo and was amazed by the difference. Ordered from karltone.co.uk. Very reasonably priced and fast delivery.

User avatar
D28boy
Mid Range
Mid Range
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:13 pm
Location: HAMPSHIRE,ENGLAND

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by D28boy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 am

You still need the amp to be biased though with new tubes.

huss
Low Wattage
Low Wattage
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by huss » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 pm

so guyz actually according to my knowledge fixed biased amp means u can use specific brands' specific biased tube for your specified amp which is cornford rh 50. So do you know any brand which is suggested officially by the cornford firm ? or anyone has any idea the stock el34 tubes of RH 50
Fender Stratocaster deluxe 2008
Cornford Roadhouse 50 Head(which im in love with) with orange ppc 112 speaker
pedals: maxon od9proplus , marshall jackhammer, tc flashback

User avatar
D28boy
Mid Range
Mid Range
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:13 pm
Location: HAMPSHIRE,ENGLAND

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by D28boy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:47 pm

huss wrote:so guyz actually according to my knowledge fixed biased amp means u can use specific brands' specific biased tube for your specified amp which is cornford rh 50. So do you know any brand which is suggested officially by the cornford firm ? or anyone has any idea the stock el34 tubes of RH 50
My understanding is that a Fixed Bias amp needs to be manually adjusted after a new set of matched tubes are replaced...

This link mentions the differences between various models

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2341

User avatar
s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by s&m freddy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

D28boy wrote:
huss wrote:so guyz actually according to my knowledge fixed biased amp means u can use specific brands' specific biased tube for your specified amp which is cornford rh 50. So do you know any brand which is suggested officially by the cornford firm ? or anyone has any idea the stock el34 tubes of RH 50
My understanding is that a Fixed Bias amp needs to be manually adjusted after a new set of matched tubes are replaced...

This link mentions the differences between various models

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2341
+1 ....you will need a matched pairing EL34s of your choice... and to re-bias the amp with your Roadhouse 50....fixed bias is a bit confusing...it's actually cathode biased amps like the Roadhouse 30 that don't need biasing.
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by richard » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Another vote for Tung Sol EL34B. Great tubes but will need biasing.

dawidnpl
New Here
New Here
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:39 am

Re: Help roadhouse new tubes which one?

Post by dawidnpl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:14 am

D28boy wrote:You still need the amp to be biased though with new tubes.
What is the value of the bias set at roadhouse 50?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest