Gigging the MK50 for the forst time toight..

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Gigging the MK50 for the forst time toight..

Post by s&m freddy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:04 pm

...been using the RK solidly for the last year and finally taking the MK50 out gigging for the first time. Wish me luck!
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

Aidanspaghetti
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Re: Gigging the MK50 for the forst time toight..

Post by Aidanspaghetti » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Luck Freddy :thumbup:

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: Gigging the MK50 for the forst time toight..

Post by s&m freddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:47 am

Cheers Aidan

Well it behaved very well. It's quite a lot different to the RK....holy crap does it have some gain! It was too tempting to pile on more than I needed :-)

The MK (with the 6L6's) has a more mid Atlantic feel. A lot more compression and a huge bottom end. More liquid than the RK which is more open/organic and British sounding.

The MK is very versatile with the two gain levels and masters....this covers a lot of ground.

Tha master volumes are a bit 'hair trigger' and get very loud very quick. Would have been nice to have a smoother taper on these. It is very loud at about 2.5....I wonder how much louder it gets beyond about 5...but you would need a big venue to venture up this end of the dials.

Overall I am chuffed. I have two superb amps but both have a different enough sound and feel. I will stick with the MK for the next run of gigs and enjoy this one for a while.

Would be great to run them together....but that's not really sensible for me...down at the old Dog and Ferret!
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895