Finally all gone?

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

RichM
Master Volume
Master Volume

Finally all gone?

Post by RichM » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Just checked Andertons and it now looks like all the 'available in N weeks' has gone and the only model being listed is the hurricane - an there are just three left. If the timing was related to the Victory line then it seems to be about right with the new range being lauced in autumn (which starts now ish!).

Anyone making any guesses at the price point of the new line? Assuming somewhere between the RH and the hand-wired Cornfords would make sense ... So about a grand??

Rich.

lienffur
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: Finally all gone?

Post by lienffur » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Website says they're launching at the end of September...

It doesn't mention whether they'll be fully hand-wired, but given the mention of 'very highest quality components', I'm thinking the price will be at/close to top-end, rather than RH.

Decision is whether to off-load the RH30 head, to part-fund a V50...quite happy to hang on to my 2x12 Cornford cab :biggrin:

RichM
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by RichM » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:48 pm

You're probably right which will just continue to confirm the RH as a bargain and hence you need to keep it ... I am always toying with getting a new head then I play the RH30 and change my mind again!!!

Since I got my motherload attenuator, I am kinda struggling to find fault with my setup which is irritating as I'd like an excuse to get a Victory too (and a ceriatone, boogie, matchless etc etc).

From the lack of response, I am assuming we've all moved on from the 'Cornford saga'? I nearly have ...

Rich.

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Yep....I have come to terms with the current situation...still hoping Paul pulls off a new deal...but ultimately my Cornfords still sound the same as they did before this all kicked off....wonderful that is :-)
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

lienffur
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by lienffur » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:15 pm

The nosey part of me still wonders what all that stuff back in April/May was all about...neither PC or MK have visited here since then...

One thing is certain - that we're about to be hit by something from Martin Kidd that has Mr Govan already on board.

One assumes that, since Victory does not involve Paul, that any Cornford-brand relaunch won't involve Martin...
Does make me wonder if Martin's choice of brand-name is in any way significant? :question:

RichM
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by RichM » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:25 am

My assumption was that the brand name was based on trying to sound British and confident - eg. The suggestion of 'Olympic' which was never going to be allowed but cashed in on the temporary spring in the British step! Victory kinda feels almost Churchillian don't you think??

Hard to imagine the Victory range is going to be anything other than great - the key ingredients will be visibility/sponsorship, a good dealer network and price..... And we know the market will washstand high £ so long as the other ingredients are in place. Good luck to 'em - we'll find out soon enough...

R.

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:52 am

I would imagine Martin's track record will give them a nice head start with those who know about amps......and with the Govan endorsement...and the Andertons web presence...they just need to get the product right....I have no doubt they will sound great...but I hope they don't stick all the layers of knobs across the range....I think it's looks a bit fussy, impracticle and gimmicky....so with the aesthetics right and decent build quality and components I can see them shifting a fair few.
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

Munkipuss
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by Munkipuss » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 am

Not sure if anyone else has posted this image.

Guthrie collecting a Victory:

59Bassman
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by 59Bassman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 pm

One thing for sure... ANYTHING that has an association with that incredibly annoying 'MonkeyLord' will not get my vote or ££s... I would even stop buying at Andertons because of it... He even spoiled my enjoyment of Phil X vids!

Luckily I have Guitar Village closer to me...
Still toying with:
PRS Soapbar ll, Les Paul Studio, Yamaha SG2000s, Gibson 335, 1973 Strat
into a Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo (+ ext 1x12 V30)
BOSS ME5 - With Custom 'Boutique' Upgrade Set - see below:

http://boss-pedals.jimdo.com

RichM
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by RichM » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Amps looks nice ... I like the design ... Monkeyman has a following like it or not ... Could just be that he is more 'accessible' than most guitar heros ... By which I mean he is a man of the people and people can realistically aspire to play like him .... Unlike GG (the latter bit)!