Cornford MK50II Cabinet

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

clark81
Mid Range
Mid Range

Cornford MK50II Cabinet

Post by clark81 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:40 am

Hello everybody,

I recently bought a MK50II head and couldn't be happier!! I think I am very close to the tone I had in my head and currently I ma looking for cab to pair it.
I already have an amazing V30 Bogner 412 cab that I am using primarily with my other amps.
I hear a lot of great reviews about the 412 Cornford cabs that are made of pine (the sides and top at least).
unfortunately It is hard to find a used Cornford cab at the moment, especially in Greece where I live, but I could go on with a Victory 412 which seems to be pretty similar.
My other option would be to go with a cab loaded with Greenbacks, probably a mojo or Marshall HW.

What do you think?

Is the pin cab offer my more than my Bogner (considering that both are V30 loaded 412)?
Should I go the Greenbacks way?

Or should I just stick to my Bogner cab??

Thanks in advance people!!

:rolleyes:
Cornford RK100
Cornford MK50HII
Cornford 1x12 cab
Cornford RK4x12 cab

"If I didn't build my own amps - I'd be playing a Cornford."
Mark Cameron

clark81
Mid Range
Mid Range

Re: Cornford MK50II Cabinet

Post by clark81 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Nobody???
Cornford RK100
Cornford MK50HII
Cornford 1x12 cab
Cornford RK4x12 cab

Mark Cameron

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by s&m freddy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Hard to answer fella...as I don't have a Bogner cab....
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

Motodogz
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Post by Motodogz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Hello

I have a mk50 and a Cornford 4x12 pine cab with vintage 30's also a Marshall 4x12 with the uk made greenbacks (20 watt). The Cornford cab is frontloaded the Marshall cab is rearloaded. The Cornford cab is more open sounding and helps with the v-30 peaky-ness. This is due to the pine and the fact that the speakers are frontloaded. The pine cab has adifferent resonance and does sound different. Not sure which cab it prefer but I do think I like the greenbacks a little better. I play fusion and rock (van halen/80's/govan). The Marshall cab is more focused and a little tighter. When I tried both cabs with vintage 30's I leaned towards the Cornford cab with the Cornford head. The Marshalls I have, jvm and modded plexi (mod5) both sound best with the Marshall cab and greenbacks. I have a Scumback m-75 that sounds great with the Cornford a well.
I think finding the speakers that you like will be more rewarding. The bogner cabs are great and speaker swaps give the biggest bang for the buck. FYI the evh celestion speaker is the exact same speaker as the m-greenback heritage, as per rick skillman (us celestion rep) and are considerably cheaper here in the states. Same speaker different sticker on the back.

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:51 pm

I've had 2 x Cornford 4x12 pine cabinets... I prefer the sound of birch. Pine is great for pristine cleans, and SE Class A crunch tones, but not so great with high-gain. Young pine resonates too willfully, which (to my ears) smears the notes. I treated the inside of my Cornford pine 2x12 with Acoust-X coating, and it solved the issue. Pairing my Cornford 2x12 pine with a Mesa Stiletto 4x12 cabinet is pure heaven!

Here is my Cornford 2x12 treated with Acoust-X coating...

clark81
Mid Range
Mid Range

Post by clark81 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Cool!!!!

:clap:
Cornford RK100
Cornford MK50HII
Cornford 1x12 cab
Cornford RK4x12 cab

Mark Cameron

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:58 pm

Acoust-X dries to a grey color, so I used rubberized black to finalize the process... Just looks better.