AMT C2 - Cornford amp emulator pedal

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

59Bassman
Master Volume
Master Volume

AMT C2 - Cornford amp emulator pedal

Post by 59Bassman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:47 pm

I hadn't heard of this til recently and wondered what others may have thought?? A quick search doesn't show it as having been discussed here...

It is a full on ballsey beast regardless of authenticity...

What do you think? Does it sound like YOUR Cornford??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUr2B_FisvQ#t=308
Still toying with:
PRS Soapbar ll, Les Paul Studio, Yamaha SG2000s, Gibson 335, 1973 Strat
into a Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo (+ ext 1x12 V30)
BOSS ME5 - With Custom 'Boutique' Upgrade Set - see below:

http://boss-pedals.jimdo.com

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: AMT C2 - Cornford amp emulator pedal

Post by richard » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Great pedal.

funkjazzaxe
New Here
New Here

Re: AMT C2 - Cornford amp emulator pedal

Post by funkjazzaxe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:10 pm

I have this pedal but it is purely a backup for me in case my Hellcat goes down in the middle of a job (never happened, knock on wood haha). I figure in case of an amp breakdown I can run the pedal straight into the PA system since it is really a preamp in a pedal-sized case. When I got the pedal I messed with it a lot to see what it could do and thus I have run the pedal into a clean amp, used it to drive an already driven amp, run the preamp into the power section of the effects loop of my Hellcat, and ran it straight into the PA. It actually works quite well- especially using it like a preamp into the PA. Its nice to know if something crazy happens to my amp that AMT pedal will function as a useable backup through the PA to get by. Beats the heck out of hauling a backup amp- I just keep the AMT in my car's glove box haha.

Does it replace an actual Cornford? No, but the tone and feel are good for what it is. If Cornford is your sound and you need a pedal to get you in the ballpark, the AMT does it fairly well. It can't touch the real thing, though, and I am not sure how good it would be to use along with your actual Cornford as an overdrive or boost. Into an amp the pedal seems a bit stiff and fizzy to my ear, but it is definitely Cornford flavored!