Got me a Hurricane

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

declarationend
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Got me a Hurricane

Post by declarationend » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Hello chaps

Having used a Harlequin for some time now, and desparately wishing for something from the Cornford range with a little more power, I happened to find someone selling a Hurricane and jumped on it.

Had it for only 4 days but had a chance to crank it last night at band rehearsal. Already in love with it.

Although the cornford site states it as a big brother to the harlequin, there are of course some differences in the sound, not just in terms of volume. The drive is much more powerful, lead lines seem to sparkle way more than the harlequin when cranked (maybe something to do with the added mid tone knob and that lovely reverb?) Harmonics jump off the fingers.. and the overall tone is much richer, cleaner perhaps, but still having that lush breakup for riffs and chords.

I've played a lot of different amps (heads mostly, hired or borrowed...including a RH30 head, which I was sort of disappointed with tbh.. :eek: ) and for ages while looking for an amp to fit my needs nothing has come close to hitting that 'mark' I had in my mind.

Got a lot of gigs booked in the new year and boy am I looking forward to taking this girl on the road... just to have that Cornford tone with me and to eb able to take my sound to every venue with out having to lug heavy heads and cabs about will be a dream.

Going to make use of the effects loop too with my boss space echo... I've not tried it yet but I'm pretty sure it will help that pedal stand out a bit more than it does going straight in.

:thumbup:

s&m freddy
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: Got me a Hurricane

Post by s&m freddy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:06 am

Lovely amp....congratulations. Yep....delay in the loop is gorgeous for leads. Enjoy.
Cornford RK100 #108 used on Winery Dogs UK dates 2016 by Richie Kotzen
Cornford 2x12 cab
Cornford Hurricane #1895

declarationend
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Re: Got me a Hurricane

Post by declarationend » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 pm

Managed to crank it one more time since.. it is the real deal..

cheers for the reply Bro!