Cornford Carrera + Zendrive = Fizz?

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

rogierbos1
New Here
New Here

Cornford Carrera + Zendrive = Fizz?

Post by rogierbos1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:30 pm

Anybody else here using a Zendrive together with a Cornford Carrera? The Carrera is set on the EL84 setting, gain at 10 o' clock, eq neutral. Zendrive also very mild settings (both volume and gain around 11/12 o clock). It just sounds 'fizzy'. Now I've read that this pedal is one of the most 'non-fizzy'-overdrives out there; could it be that it just doesn't work with the Carrera's gain stages?

Really curious about this; couldn't find any answers on the web about this...
:question:

SabbadiusUSA
Master Volume
Master Volume

Re: Cornford Carrera + Zendrive = Fizz?

Post by SabbadiusUSA » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:56 am

I've tried dozens of pedals (including KLON) with my Cornford amplifiers, and all I achieved by using them was a cheapening of the stock tone. Cornford = no boost pedals needed! :thumbup:

Note: There was one boost pedal that my Cornford's seemed to like, and that was the Diaz Texas Ranger.

johnonguitar7
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Re: Cornford Carrera + Zendrive = Fizz?

Post by johnonguitar7 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 am

Zendrive's only really work through a clean blackface style amp in my opinion. Using them as a boost into an already dirty amp tends to sound very nasally.

If you're looking for a good match I always thought the Xotic BB Preamp blended well with Cornford amps. Don't get the "Plus" version though, original all the way