roadhouse rattle again

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

roadhouse rattle again

Post by richard » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Please refer to my previous postings on this topic. I thought my rattle problem had been cured with a new set of output valves but it's back already. When I first encountered the problem it seemed to be worse depending on what notes were being played - C on the low E string seemed to be the worst culprit. This time it's the low E itself and whereas before the rattle seemed to be more apparent as the note decayed this time it starts rattling as soon as you hit the E string. I know it's not my guitar because I played 2 others with the same result. I thought I might be being oversensitive but I asked my son to listen and he said that it was worse than before. I have phoned Andersons who have agreed to do a straight swap for a new combo. I would like to ask all others out there who own this combo - set the amp up to medium gain with no boost and master on about 3 - 4, try playing all the notes on the low e-string and listen carefully. I'd like to know if this is a common problem with this amp. If my new amp rattles I'm going to have to decide whether I can live with it because I really love the tones this amp produces. It wouldn't be too apparent at a gig but it does detract from the pleasure of owning the amp - like getting a beautiful new girlfriend and then finding out she's got a tattoo of Paul Daniels on her arse.