Carrera output issue, suggestions needed

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

dcnaka

Carrera output issue, suggestions needed

Post by dcnaka » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:59 am

I bought my Carrera in April of 2006 since I just wanted something that sounded good with less power since I'm not playing out anymore. It's been great overall but there has been an issue for maybe the last year or so. I'll be playing the amp and it sounds fine and still pretty good but it's not putting out as much volume as it should. I know this because intermitently the volume will just jump up to a louder (ie normal) volume without touching the guitar volume or the amp volume. I can tell that when it does jump that is the volume it should be at all the time. Ex. the volume on 5 is what it should be on 3-3.5. This has happened with different guitars (hb + sc pu) and in different houses. I've also tried all the cables I have. I have a crappy practive amp that sounds the same as it always has so I'm pretty sure it's not the guitars. I thought is may have something to do with the tubes and I changed all of them about a year ago (I do not play that often). I emailed cornford support and they told me to put the cable in and out of the return jack of the loop. That seemed to work once but it does not anymore. They could not offer anymore suggestions without hearing the issue and I live in the USA. I could take it to a shop but I'm afraid they won't find anything if I can't point them in the right direction (it really sounds like there isn't anything wrong if you have not heard the amp before). Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I don't play that much so that's the reason I have not taken the time and money to have it looked at. It still sounds good but not as good as it should sound. Thanks for any help!