Jet CIty Earhart

All general Cornford Amplification discussion goes in here, plus photos, videos, sound clips and artist news...

Moderator: Gadget

Fenderoid
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Re: Jet CIty Earhart

Post by Fenderoid » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:08 pm

I hope Wally could chime in.

Tellboy
High Gain
High Gain

Post by Tellboy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Marc J wrote:Its pretty obvious the amp is designed by Martin Kidd, based on or the same as an MK50 and no doubt made by Straight Edge Engineering who are the company that built/build Cornford amps.

Most dealers will tell you Cornford are no more and if you've got problems talk to the guys who make them (Straight Edge). Two prominent UK dealers told me this when I was trying to get some spares.

Marc
If you look at this link you'll see that Ian Raydon Wilson is a director of Cornford Amplification, Straight Edge Manufacturing and Straight Edge Fabrication.

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/904535881

If you click on the Cornford link on that page the SIC classification is "NON-TRADING OR CEASED TO TRADE" !!!! - I suppose there is a possibility it might be classed as that for business purposes????? :sad:

richard
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by richard » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Wally had to ask for a link to the HC article so it sounds like he doesn't know what's going on either.

Following the Companies House link there is another company called DB Amplification also showing as both 'Active' and 'Ceased Trading'. Google turned up a website showing photos of an amp (nothing other than photos) called the Aston Martin.

All very curious bit it doesn't look good.

Fenderoid
Low Wattage
Low Wattage

Post by Fenderoid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22 am

Someone over at rigtalk said that Wally got an email from Cornford. If there is someone that could shed some light would be Wally.

Cornfordman

Post by Cornfordman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:51 am

Trust me folks, as much as it pains me to say this. The brand is dead and buried. Govan, Kilminster, Hilborne, Kotzen, Howe, et all, have moved on to other products for a reason. Wally has been left in the dark as much, or even more, as the rest of us.

Still, the MK50 is a great amp, no denying it. I for one will be checking out the Martin Kidd range in future. ;-)

kell
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by kell » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:52 am

Cornfordman wrote:Trust me folks, as much as it pains me to say this. The brand is dead and buried.
I think you're right. Cornford –––> Titanic.
Nevertheless I'm happy with my HC and MK50H!!! :biggrin:

Tellboy
High Gain
High Gain

Post by Tellboy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Cornfordman wrote: Wally has been left in the dark as much, or even more, as the rest of us.
Certainly looks that way. If that is the case I think that is pretty disgusting - Wally has been working his butt off trying to keep things running smoothly and dealing with all the flack from customers whilst all these machinations appear to have been going on behind his back :evil:

Munkipuss
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by Munkipuss » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Seems a little strange that Cornford would bother altering the structure of the forums in January, if they had ceased trading.

Is it more likely that Martin has licensed his design to JCA? I wonder if the intellectual property of the design belongs to Martin or to Cornford, however.

wallympls
Support
Support

Post by wallympls » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Due to legal circumstances I am not going to be talking about my opinions on the subject. You all need to understand that me just voicing my ideas on this topic could cause legal problems for myself or the company.

I don't think I am in the dark as much as you think. When things are done without anyone's knowledge and behind your back you don't find out what is going on until after the fact. This would be the case. That being said, I think I have a good guess as to what has happened.

I will keep you all in the loop as much as possible. This seems very delicate and my goal is to help the situation and not harm it, so I may come across as very vague.
http://www.cornfordusa.com
The Official U.S. Cornford Tone Lounge and USA Customer Support
http://www.myspace.com/uscornfordtonelounge
USA's FIRST Cornford Dealer
Cornford MK50hII
Cornford RK 4x12

Munkipuss
Master Volume
Master Volume

Post by Munkipuss » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Wally, is it fair to ask if Cornford are still trading?